Friday, August 21, 2015

233/365 Apple Pie

I brought home a bag of apples given me from a co-worker. I planned to make apple jelly because that is the easiest way to use all these apples without having to peel them all..... and I am lazy that way.
However my husband smiled and said "Apple pie?" when he saw them.

So I decided to make him an apple pie. I mean how hard can it be to peel 15 small apples? I planned to use the frozen tender flake pie crusts in the freezer.... I am lazy that way too.... but discovered there weren't any in the freezer!!

So I even made my own pie crust. It has been years, many years, since I made my own pie crust. I forgot how easy it was.

The pie was absolutely delicious and the crust light and flakey. It was the perfect thing to do on a rainy day. That and throw a pork roast in the slow cooker to smell all day. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment