- Every part of the dandelion is useful: root, leaves, flower. It can be used for food, medicine and dye for colouring.
- Up until the 1800s people would pull grass out of their lawns to make room for dandelions and other useful “weeds” like chickweed, malva, and chamomile.
- Dandelions have one of the longest flowering seasons of any plant.
- Seeds are often carried as many as 5 miles from their origin!
- A dandelion bouquet is probably the first bouquet you ever gave someone. :)
Click on the photo to see more detail. :)