Monday, October 19, 2009

47/365 Tamarack

The tamarack is a beautiful tree and especially in the fall. I wanted to capture it for today's 365 as soon as I got home from work because the sun rises on my way to work and sets on the way home such is this time of year.... sigh!
I used a wee bit of flash fill under the tree because the sun was giving light to the top and not the bottom. It was getting dark!
I had to work fast on this one.
But sunset colours are always so warm and relaxing. Or maybe it is just that I am home from work and the turkey soup is on the stove. Or maybe both. :)



And then what did I hear?
A gaggle of geese!!


How accommodating of them. They have been flying overhead for several weeks now and this is the first time I caught them as I wanted.

oops! That's two photos again. Sometimes it is too hard to just pick one!

2 comments:

  1. Strangely, I also was guided to the larches & wondered how moonlight would look painted on those golden shining boughs as I stood in the triangle of trees for a few moments...enjoying them so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful...
    I would need a very long exposure to capture the Tamarack by moonlight.
    ...but I wonder...a full moon...

    ReplyDelete