Thursday, October 1, 2009

29/365 Piranha




My Piranha. Actually is is a funky blue metal fish that I got at Charter House Interiors and I love it!! Tonight I wanted to play with a new addition to my photo collection - a reflector! And it comes with black, white and gold options! I thought I would have fun with the gold.

I discovered just how tricky it is to calculate flash intensity and angle of reflection to get the image in my minds eye onto my camera! Think it and make it... but not quite. Maybe I should have taken high school physics. But instead I married a math/physics guy. Unfortunately he is out at a movie with #1 son tonight.

Here's the recipe...
1 large round gold reflector
2 tall candle holders - large base is suggested
1 remote flash set to underexpose 2 stops
1 camera instruction book to get the setting on the camera to match the flash.
1 bookcase to hold up the reflector.
2 very talented feet


3 comments:

  1. This is exactly how they shot the movie 'Piranha"

    queue the music

    get out the ketchup

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!! No ketchup on my new gold reflector!

    ReplyDelete
  3. But now that I think of it, a little ketchup on his lower lip might have been very effective.... if not hilarious!

    ReplyDelete