Monday, December 29, 2014

363/365 Julie the Builder

I was five and in kindergarten at Robert H Smith elementary school. My teacher was old. Really old! And her name was Miss Smith. What did she know about five year olds! I wasn't too keen on her from day one but she really lost me the day she got mad at me for playing with the blocks.

"The blocks are for the boys. Now go play in the house with the girls"

Really? I did not get why I couldn't play with the boys in the block section.

I liked blocks. And these were big ones. We could build great things with these blocks. I have three older brothers lady. I know how to play with blocks!

But no, I was a girl and I wasn't allowed.

Fifty-two years later and it still irks me!

So last year I bought Lincoln Logs and this year I bought Kapla blocks.
And I am playing with them because I can!!

Came home from work and made this tonight.


I firmly believe that I would have been an architect had it not been for Miss Smith!!






No comments:

Post a Comment