Monday, May 19, 2014

139/365 The Pear

I have waited a long time to make this photograph. I purchased the outfit over a year ago when we visited a museum in Plymouth Massachusetts. The photo is inspired by the work of Bill Gekas. I have admired his photos of his daughter for some time. His lighting and the warmth of his photos has always intrigued me. Since I have set the studio up in the garage this weekend and since my size 5-6 grand daughter is visiting, I thought it was time.

I am very pleased with my first go at this. It was very difficult to choose just one, there were so many I loved. Perhaps I will post more on my regular blog. What do you think?




4 comments:

  1. truly inspiring Julie! Would you mind sharing your camera settings with me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Cheryl, I am using my new Sigma 50mm 1.4 Art lens (love it!) f 5.6, iso 100, shutter 1/100th. Studio lights left and right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been using my 50mm Canon lens a bit more these days and I am finding (with some practice) that is really is a great lens to use. It took me some time to get used to it being a fixed lens but now I am quite liking it. I don't always comment on your photos but I always look! Thanks for keeping me inspired to keep on taking photos! Of course, having cute grandchildren does help as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are very welcome Chery. I appreciate your comments.
    Yes, the 50 mm prime is a great little all purpose lens. I use it a lot when the grands are here and just on objects around the house. Prime lenses tend to have better 'glass' producing better photos. You get used to moving your body back and forth rather then adjusting the zoom on your lens when you use prime lenses. Not sure what the f stop is on your 50 prime, but I plan to sell my Canon 50 mm f1.4 now that I have my new Sigma 1.4 Art lens.

    ReplyDelete