Monday, February 3, 2014

#34 of 365 Sunset Bubbles

Getting there.
Changed the formula a little - but more importantly there was no wind at all today and the sun was setting beautifully. I would say that perhaps it could have been a little colder, but my fingers said it was plenty cold enough.

My goal is to have a bubble thicker so when it freezes it breaks up rather than shatters but until then I am liking these winter bubbles.


My camera is in need of a good cleaning.... bubble residue making buttons stick. :(

2 comments:

  1. I found a recipe for 'industrial strength' bubbles, and thought of your bubble photos immediately. I thought you might be able to try it out, even though this one is beautiful!
    6 cups water, 1 cup corn syrup, 2 cups Joy dish soap (you might not need quite that much).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, thank you - tI used a very similar recipe but it is hard to find "Joy" d/w detergent. I tried cutting it down to a ratio of 2 cups of water and they seemed stronger. Finding the right temp is also tricky - about minus 12 works best. I am still having them disintegrate on impact though. ...... I sort of gave up when the solution spilled all over my mail on the kitchen counter. :) But I will try again. Glycerine is supposed to work well too - just haven'y purchased it. You have motivated me to try again.....it's really hard on the fingers(freezing) and the camera - it gets quite sticky.

    ReplyDelete