Tuesday, September 6, 2011

249 of 365 The Universe.

Surreal is the theme for this weeks 365 group I belong to.
Who comes up with these ideas is beyond me. And how am I to come up with something surreal in an hour after a long day at work.
Well I looked up surreal - Surreal in general means bizarre or dreamlike.
So I took a photo of the universe  from Earths perspective.  I figure that is as surreal as you get.




Okay it is actually the setting sun reflecting off the sprinklers in my back yard. But it is a universe of it's own and I suspect that the water molecules are subject to many of the same laws as huge planets flying through space. After all our God is a God of order. Every drop of water falls exactly where He plans it to fall as every planet is planned, placed and moves according to His direction. Amen?



I also took this photo tonight while I was thinking about surrealism. In a way it seems pretty surreal that a sea gull and his hundreds of buddies would be swarming around our neighborhood tonight. Someone should tell them this is the prairies. Unless of course, this isn't a seagull and is a tern perhaps? But even they like the ocean don't they?
At any rate I didn't spend too much time worrying about why they were here and not circling the dump instead - although I wondered what animal carcass out there was attracting them. But I do like how the setting sun illuminates him. Those are the things I spend time thinking about.
Because I am a photographer and I am always thinking about light ~ on birds and on water tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment