Thursday, February 17, 2022

48/365 Canna Lily

 Last fall grand daughter Jane and I discovered that the dead Canna Lily on my front steps had clusters of seed pods. We carefully rescued each seed and I placed them in a pot of soil in the garage. About a week ago I pulled the pot from the garage and gave it a good watering. Lo and behold within 2 days our first Canna Lily popped up. Now I am no gardener so I googled Canna Lily propagation and yes, you can plant the seeds successfully but first  "Canna seed propagation involves soaking, heating, and scarification." 

I didn't do that! And I am not about to go hunting for the black seeds and start now. I will keep them good and wet and hopefully the rest of them are as eager as this first one. I will keep you posted. 





No comments:

Post a Comment